Brief Introduction of Program
Physical therapy is an essential segment of modern health care system. It is a “science of healing and art of caring”. It pertains to the clinical examination, evaluation, assessment,
diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardio-Vascular and Respiratory systems’ functional disorders including symptoms of pain, edema, and physiological, structural and psychosomatic ailments. It deals with methods of treatment based on movement, manual therapy, physical agents, and therapeutics modalities to relieve the pain and other complications.
Hence, Physical therapy covers basic parameters of healing sciences i.e. preventive,
promotional, diagnostic, rehabilitative, and curative.
Sitting (L to R): Dr Rahat Saleem Bajwa, Dr Wajida Perveen (HOD DPT) Dr Sajid Zaheer Bhatti, Brig Chaudhary Fayyaz Mahmood (R) (Director SAHS), Col Zaheer Ahmed Gill (HOD Rehab), Dr. Muhammad Umar Sadiq, Dr. Amirah Zafar
Standing (L to R): Dr Rida Aziz, Dr Yasha Sajjad, Dr Sidra Manzoor, Dr Ali Asad Naeem, Dr Hassaan Bin Adil
The Purpose of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) is to Prepare Physical
Therapists Who Will:
- Be primary providers of physical therapy care.
- Serve as responsible members in the professional community and are willing and able to
assume leadership roles in the communities they serve.
- Identify researchable problems, advocate and participate in research, and incorporate
research findings into clinical practice.
- Understand and place in context the social, economic and cultural issues of practice and
effectively advocate for changes in policy
- Correlate theory with practice and think creatively about, react to, adapt or shape new
- Participate in and provide education for communities, patients, peers, students and others.
The duration of entry level DPT would be five years and will include class room lectures, laboratory, clinical demonstrations, supervised clinical practice and research. Each year would be followed by a professional examination which will be conducted by University of Health Sciences. Every student must submit the Research Report within prescribed time to complete the degree in final year. This program integrates theory, evidence and practice along a continuum of learning.
- Public Sector hospitals (Grade 17 and above jobs)
- Private Hospitals
- Private clinics
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation centers
- Special education schools and departments
- Aid Agencies & organizations
- Sports clubs & teams
- Medical Technology Companies
- International Job placements
Admission Policy Session – 2022 – 23
Eligibility Criteria (Local & Foreign Student)
- F.Sc/qualification equivalent to F.Sc. from a foreign university or foreign
education system with three Science subjects out of which Biology and
Chemistry are essential subjects with a minimum of 660/1100 i.e. 60% marks in
aggregate (without marks of Hifz-e-Quran). The third subject can either be
Physics or Mathematics. The equivalence of IBCC will be accepted in aggregate.
Admission / Selection Process
- Admissions will be made on merit determined according to the marks obtained in
Matric & F.Sc. / equivalent exams as per following weightage:-
Matric / equivalent = 20%
F.Sc / equivalent = 60%
Aptitude Test = 20%
- The admission on local and foreign seats will be conducted on the basis of merit only.
- Admission will be strictly on merit. Any student having incomplete results /
academic documents on the closing date for admission application will not be
considered for admission.
- Admission Committee will supervise the whole admission process.
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR 5 YEARS
DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY (DPT) PROGRAM
Kinesiology-I and Biomechanics
Islamic (Ethics) & Pakistan Studies
Introduction to computer
Kinesiology-II & Ergonomics
Biochemistry & Genetics
Health and wellness
Pathology & Microbiology
Physical Agents & Electrotherapy
Therapeutic Exercises & Techniques
Teaching Methodology & Community Medicine
Supervised Clinical Practice I, II
Fourth Professional Year
PT-I: Musculoskeletal and Neurologicalphysical Therapy
Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging and Emergency Procedures and Primary Care
Biostatistics & Evidence Based Practice
Supervised Clinical Practice III, IV
Internal assessment only
Fifth Professional Year
PT-II: Cardiopulmonary, Obs-Gynea, Integumentry & Manual Physical Therapy
Clinical Decision Making & Differential Diagnosis
Scientific Inquiry, Research Methodology & Research Project
Professional Practice & Community Based Rehabilitation
PT-III, VI: Paediatric, Geriatric, Sports &Prosthetics & Orthotics Physical Therapy
Supervised Clinical Practice V, VI
Log Book Submission to P.T Department
Completion of research is mandatory.
- Sr. No. 1
- Course Name Doctor Physical Therapy
- Admission Fess 25,000
- Fee Per Credit Hours 12,000
- Total No. Of Credit Hours 133
- Total Fee 16,21,000