Dr Wajida Perveen (HOD)
Head of Department DPT
Experience & Activities
- She graduated From King Edward Medical College in 2000.
- She completed her Post Graduation (t-DPT) from King Edward Medical University and MS-OMPT from Riphah International University in 2015.
- Currently she is a PhD Scholar at University of Lahore, Pakistan.
- She has diverse experiences as Academician, Clinician and a Researcher in Public & Private Sectors’ Academic Institutions and Private Healthcare Providers.
- She has been supervising Undergraduate Research Report (DPT) for the last 7 years.
- She has a range of Professional Experience in Musculoskeletal and Pediatrics Rehabilitation.
- Her carrier is further supported by Team Physician Course by AFSM, Certification in Hospital and Health Care Management, Certification in BOTOX, Clinical Research Certified Professional, IPPCR from NIH USA, Certificate in Medical Teaching, Certificate in Medical Editing and Certified Mulligan Practitioner.
- She is an eminent scholar and reviewer in many National and International Peer Reviewed Journals and Conferences.
- She has numerous reputable Publications in National and International Journals.
- She is member of World Physiotherapy Networks and Subgroups including; International Society of Physiotherapy Journal Editors (ISPJE), PT Educators network, Pain Network, Network for Health Promotion in Life and Work (HPLW), Environmental Physical Therapy Association (Norway), International Association for the study of Pain (IASP), Member Steering Committee Peer Review Week 2021 & 2022 and Executive Committee Member at Physiotherapy Research Society UK.
- She won the Bursaries form World Physiotherapy and the International Forum for Back and Neck Pain Research in Primary Care (Australia), as an abstract presenter from LMIC (2021).
- Recently she has joined a research programme on “Low back pain Consortium in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC’s)” as Low Back Pain Clinician and Educator from Pakistan.
- She has ongoing collaborative research projects (Physiotherapy Education) with her peers in Germany, India and Malawi.
- At CMH Lahore Medical College & IOD, she is Member Steering Committee L-ORIC, Associate Editor MedERA Journal and an official Mentor.
- A Knowledge Attitude and Practice Survey in Women during Antenatal Period regarding Rehabilitation Services; Original Article Published in Journal of Xi’an Shiyou University, Natural Science Edition. (ISSN: 1673-064X), 2022 vol 18(9):167-175. https://www.xisdxjxsu.asia/viewarticle.php?aid=1178
- Extensor Lag in Patients after Total Knee Arthroplasty with and without Pre-operative Rehabilitation Regime; a short report. Published in JPMA 2022 vol 72(8);1639-41. (ISSN (Print): 0030-9982; ISSN (Linking): 0030-9982-L). DOI: https://doi.org/47391/JPMA.4697
- Association of Stress with Sleeping Difficulties in Medical and Allied Health Sciences Students. OA Published in PJMHS ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L, 2022 Vol 16(5):866-7. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs22164866
- Comparison of Effects of Dry Needling with Conventional Physiotherapy Treatment in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis for Pain Management and Improving Functional Abilities: A non-randomized clinical study. OA published in PJP. ISSN (Print): 1819-270X, ISSN (Online):2073-1183, 2022 Vol 18(1):48-52.
- Multidisciplinary Team Approach in Stroke Rehabilitation: A prospective Cohort Case Series, Published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2022 Vol 16(3):78-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs2216378
- Effects of Mulligan Pain Release Phenomenon Technique in the Management of Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome; A Randomized Controlled Trial. OA published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2022 Vol 16(3):72-4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs2216372
- Effectiveness of Neurodynamic Techniques for Patients with Diabetic Neuropathy: A case series accepted in “Physiotherapy Quarterly” (ISSN: 2544-4395) 2023 Vol 31(3). DOI: https://doi.org/10.5114/pq.2021.111834
- Girdle Stone Procedure in Bilateral Rheumatoid Hip: A Case Report. Published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2022 Vol 16(1):195-6. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs22161195
- Comparison of Maitland Mobilization and Mulligan Mobilization with Movement on Pain and Hand Function in Patients having Post Colle’s Fracture Stiffness. Original Article published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2022 Vol 16(1):169-171. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs22161169
- Determination of Factors Influencing Physical Therapy Treatment Compliance. Original Article published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2021 Vol 15(12):3244-45. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs2115123244
- Effects of Tailored Motor Control Rehabilitation versus Standard Exercise Program in the Management of Chronic Nonspecific Low Back Pain; A non-randomized clinical study. Published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2021 vol 15(11):3219-21. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs2115113219
- Kinesiophobia and Outcomes of Lower Extremity Exercise Regime in Subjects with Knee Osteoarthritis: A case series. Published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2021 Vol 15(10):2631-32. https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs2115102631
- Spirituality among Doctor of Physical Therapy Students in Lahore, Pakistan. Published in PJMHS ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; (ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2021 Vol 15(9):2323-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs211592325
- Correlation between Heavy School Bags and Upper Limb Disabilities among School Going Children. Published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2021 Vol 15(9):2325-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs211592323
- Burnout among Adolescent Population during COVID-19 Pandemic. Accepted in Pakistan Journal of Public Health (P–ISSN: 2225-0891 E-ISSN: 2226-7018) 2021 Vol 11(2):107-112. DOI:32413/pjph.v11i2.750 (Protocol registered at clinicaltrials.gov NCT04697030 & WCPT COVID-19 Registry)
- Tourniquet Palsy in Upper Extremity in a Young Male Patient; A Case Report. Published in APICARE Journal (ISSN: 1607-8322, e-ISSN: 2220-5799) 2021Vol 25(3):535-8. https://doi.org/10.35975/apic.v25i4.1585
- A Progress Report on Planetary Health, Environmental and Sustainability Education in Physiotherapy – Editorial, Published in European Journal of Physiotherapy (ISSN: 2167-9177; ISSN (Linking): 2167-9169-L). June 2021,23(4):1-2. https://doi.org/10.1080/21679169.2021.1932981
- Idiopathic Facial Nerve Paralysis & Response to Physiotherapy in Pregnant Woman; A Case Report. Published in Proceedings (ISSN: 1815-4905, E-ISSN: 2518-203X) 2021 Vol 35(3):75-77. DOI:47489/PSZMC-813-35-3-75-77
- The Effectiveness of Mulligan Techniques to Increase the Flexibility of Hamstring Muscles: A Quasi-Experimental Study. OA published in PJMHS (ISSN (Print): 1996-7195; ISSN (Linking): 1996-7195-L) 2020 Vol 14(4):922-924. https://pjmhsonline.com/published-issues/2020-issues/oct-dec-2020?product_id=9356
- Heterotrophic Calcification of Medial Collateral Ligament of Knee Joint: A Case Report. Published in JPMA (ISSN (Print): 0030-9982; ISSN (Linking): 0030-9982-L) 2021 Vol 71(2B):756-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.47391/JPMA.1082
- Stones around Knee Joint: Clinipic published in APICARE Journal (ISSN: 1607-8322, e-ISSN: 2220-5799) Vol 24 No 5 (2020): 577. DOI: https://doi.org/10.35975/apic.v24i5.1380
- Frequency of Non-Specific Lower Back Pain in Female University Students due to Conventional Class Room Seats. Original article published in JRCRS (ISSN 2226-9215 e-ISSN: 2410-888X) special issue 2020. Vol 8(01):S1-S3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5455/JRCRS.202008SI01
- The Principles of Exercise Therapy by Dena Gardiner: Book Review published in Global Journal of Addiction & Rehabilitation Medicine, 2017 Vol 4(3). DOI: https://doi.org/10.19080/GJARM.2017.04.555640
- Effectiveness of Anterior Humeral Head Reposition Tape to Increase Shoulder Elevation in Subjects with Frozen Shoulder “Quasi Experimental Studies.” OA Full text JRCRS (ISSN 2226-9215 e-ISSN: 2410-888X 2017 Vol 5(1):3-7. https://jrcrs.riphah.edu.pk/jrcrs-volume-5-issue-1/
- Agreement of Opinion between a physical therapist and an orthopedic surgeon about the advice and management of intra-articular corticosteroid injections in patients with shoulder pain in Sialkot Pakistan. OA Full text in JRCRS (ISSN 2226-9215 e-ISSN: 2410-888X) 2017 Vol 5(1):21-4. https://jrcrs.riphah.edu.pk/jrcrs-volume-5-issue-1/
- Effectiveness of Neurodynamic Techniques for Upper Limb in Patients having Diabetes Mellitus with Peripheral Neuropathy.” Abstract Presented as poster in virtual World Physiotherapy Congress April 2021.
- Musculoskeletal Problems among Weight Lifters in Pakistan. Abstract Presented as poster in virtual World Physiotherapy Congress April 2021.
- Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Problems and Osteoarthritis in Women with Hysterectomy. Conference Paper presented in World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases 2020 at Barcelona, Spain August 21, 2020. https://www.wco-iof-esceo.org/sites/wco20/pdf/WCO20-AbstractBook.pdf
- Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Problems and Osteoarthritis in Women with Hysterectomy. Abstracts published in Osteoporosis International vol 31 suppliment-1.
- Effects of Mulligan Traction With and Without Neural Flossing in Cervical Spondylosis with Radicular Pain. Conference Paper presented in 7th Biennial Emirates Physiotherapy Conference 12-13 June 2020. http://physiodubai.com/scientific-program.php
- Effectiveness of Anterior Humeral Head Reposition Tape to Increase Shoulder Elevation in Subjects with Frozen Shoulder: a Quasi Experimental studies, Conference Paper presented at 2nd International conference on rehabilitation sciences 19-21 May 2017.
- Agreement of Opinion between a Physical Therapist and an Orthopedic Surgeon about the Advice and Management of Intra-Articular Corticosteroid Injections in Patients with Shoulder Pain in Sialkot Pakistan. Conference Paper presented at 2nd International conference on Rehabilitation Sciences 19-21 May 2017.
- https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7IAZykkAAAAJ&hl=en https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wajida_Perveen